[TxMt] Re: Show differences

Phil Schumm pschumm at uchicago.edu
Mon Mar 2 23:48:21 UTC 2009

On Mar 2, 2009, at 5:07 PM, Scott Haneda wrote:
> Thanks.  What are some other third party tools for this?  BBedit is
> too heavy an app for me to want to keep aound for this one feature.
> The filemerge.app is buggy, and beachballs on me a lot, and can not
> seem to save the changes back to original files.

FWIW, I use FileMerge (2.4, 1080.0) a lot, and have never encountered
any stability problems.  I use it primarily with code and small data
files (i.e., under 5-10 MB), so perhaps there are issues with larger
files that I am unaware of.  It might not be the most feature-rich
application out there, but now that it handles differences within a
single paragraph (i.e., without hard line breaks) quite well, it's
adequate for most of my needs.  The only thing I revert to -diff- for
is generating patches.

-- Phil