[TxMt] Re: Show differences

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Mon Mar 2 23:07:44 UTC 2009

On Mar 2, 2009, at 2:59 PM, Morten Liebach wrote:
> On Mar 2, 2009, at 23:32, Scott Haneda wrote:
>>>
>>> Or "merge selected files" in the Diff bundle.
>>>
>>> filemerge (aka opendiff) is a Mac GUI program which does what you
>>> want
>>> and is called by TM in these circumstances. (I still have a soft
>>> spot
>>> for the pure emacs version of parsing diff output, though!)
>>

>> Thanks, I had no idea this app existed, is this in the Developer
>> Tools, I can not locate the app itself?
>
> Look in /Developer/Applications/Utilitie

Thanks.  What are some other third party tools for this?  BBedit is
too heavy an app for me to want to keep aound for this one feature.
The filemerge.app is buggy, and beachballs on me a lot, and can not
seem to save the changes back to original files.

Somehow, I do a lot of comparing of files, I do have to say, BBedits
implementation was pretty good.  Looking for recommendations on
something as good, standalone, with perhaps text-mate integration.
--
Scott

* If you contact me off list replace talklists@ with scott@ *