[TxMt] Re: JavaScript as TextMate extension

Jon Ippolito jippolito at maine.edu
Mon Jun 22 21:43:38 UTC 2009

On Jun 22, 2009, at 8:00 AM, textmate-request at lists.macromates.com
wrote:

> Personally I'd be in favor of simply using rhino as the js script
> runner. Just need to include it in your bundle of the shared TM
> support folder.
>
> ?Thomas Aylott / subtleGradient

Hi Thomas,

As a JavaScript devotee, I'd love to do this. I've installed Rhino and
got it running in

~/Library/Java/Extensions

per instructions found at

http://peter.michaux.ca/articles/installing-rhino-on-os-x

When I open ~/Library/Application Support/TextMate, however, I just
see the Bundles, Plugins, Pristine Copy, and Themes folders. Do I just
copy Rhino's js.jar file to a new "Extensions" directory?

Presumably I would also need to start a command with a shebang line to
tell TextMate I'm using a particular scripting language, like

#!/usr/bin/env perl

What would be the equivalent path for Rhino's JavaScript?

Thanks in advance for any guidance!

jon
/RR (http://responserequested.com)