[TxMt] env: ruby: Permission denied

Xavier Tricoche xmt at purdue.edu
Mon Jun 22 16:07:24 UTC 2009

As of late (last month or so), I keep getting this error message every
time I try to run basic bundle operations that use ruby under the
hood. A typical example is "comment out" (apple-slash) (in C++ or
Latex bundle) that replaces the corresponding text section with the
error message.

I read the posts on this problem that date back to 2006 and could not
solve the problem. I am running the latest version of Textmare
(Version 1.5.8 (1498)) and a very recent version of ruby.

'which ruby' followed by Ctrl-r yields:

/usr/local/bin/ruby

ls -lh /usr/local/bin/ruby gives me:

-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel    13K Jun  4 15:04 /usr/local/bin/ruby

and /usr/local/bin/ruby -v produces:

ruby 1.9.1p129 (2009-05-12 revision 23412) [i386-darwin9.7.0]

I tried everything I could think of, including reinstalling Textmate,
reinstalling ruby, and setting explicitely the TM_RUBY shell variable
but to no avail.

Thanks in advance for any insight into the cause of this problem.

Xavier