[TxMt] Javascript Reformat Tabs/Indent

Owen Densmore owen at backspaces.net
Sun Jun 21 20:09:19 UTC 2009

Hi folks.  I'm starting to get into javascript, and am having problems
with the Reformat Document (Beautify) command.

I want soft tabs of 2 spaces.  I read in a .js file, with the 2 space
indentation, and call the Reformat Document.  It alas, does not use
the current 2 space soft tabs, but defaults to 4.

Yet if I edit the file, the auto indent correctly uses the 2 space
indent.

So clearly the tab setting I use (bottom of textmate, tabs menu) is
used by the auto-indent, but apparently not for Reformat Document.

What am I doing wrong?!  Is there a textmate/javascript variable or
preference that needs to be set?  Should the tabs menu control both
the auto-indent and Reformat?

     -- Owen