[TxMt] Re: Texmate 2

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Wed Jun 17 17:34:42 UTC 2009

I suspect it has a lot to do with 1.x was intended as a near "proof of
concept" for lack of a more accurate way to describe the developers
intentions.

A developers word to his users, in my opinion is more important than
the software itself. Second is support. Third is the software.

I use some less than ideal software because support and honesty are
top notch. I am about to abandon some excellent software because
support is poor.

The second a developer does not keep their word, they become
unapproachable. They become no different than Apple, Adobe, and the
rest of the big guns who we must resort to mass group petitions to get
a PR based appology.

By Allan keeping his word, he maintains something few ever pull off,
which is being with us, not against us.

As I have mentioned, there will be nothing preventing any if us from
ignoring the free upgrade option and just buying version 2 outright.
No donation button needed.

If you really want to make it known to Allan you have chosen this
method, we should simply come up with a plan to enter in "donation" as
our middle name when ordering, or maybe as a comment if there is such
a field.

I personally don't care to make it know. Allan will know when he
checks his bank account :)
--
Scott
Iphone says hello.