[TxMt] Re: Generating HTML from source code via the command line

Dru Kepple dru at summitprojects.com
Fri Jun 12 00:36:27 UTC 2009

> Is there any way to invoke the "Create HTML from Document with line
> numbers" command on a source file from the command line? I'd like to
> be able to write a shell script to take several source files and
> pretty-print them into HTML.
>
> Alternately, is there any other way to automate the process of taking
> a number of source files and creating corresponding HTML files (e.g.,
> with Applescript)?

Just an idea; no idea if it would work:

The Create HTML From Doc command uses the doctohtml ruby file from the
TextMate Bundle support folder.  I would imagine it wouldn't take very much
to modify the command to operate on selected files in a project.

You could also possibly pillage the doctohtml.rb file and turn it into a
shell script, probably.

Dru