[TxMt] Re: Slow bundles

enas textmate at alxp.gr
Thu Jun 4 19:19:04 UTC 2009

On 4 Jun 2009, at 18:51, Martin Kühl wrote:

> On 04.06.2009, at 19:27, enas wrote:
>
>>> FWIW, I’ve applied the patch at http://gist.github.com/123525 to my
>>> system, which takes care of the slowdowns for me. Of course you
>>> should
>>> backup the path_helper script beforehand, patching system scripts is
>>> generally not a good idea, use at your own risk and so on.
>>

>> Interesting. I didn't know that one. But why do I receive an egrep
>> not
>> found each time I start a bash after having applied this patch?
>
> I’d guess that your PATH isn’t set up correctly :-D

Surely :)

> (I thought /usr/bin was part of the default PATH bash defines on
> startup when it’s empty…)

I thought too, that's why I find it strange that this patch doesn't
work on my system, which is by any means standard (and I had already
come upon this problem), while it works for you (at the author of the
patch too I guess). Anyway, that's out of the scope of this discussion
(and I did replace egrep by /usr/bin/egrep); I just find it annoying
not to understand why things don't work as I thought they should.

enas