[TxMt] Re: switching from page with puts to HTML

Thu Jul 9 20:22:48 UTC 2009

On 9 Jul 2009, at 21:42, Matt Neuburg wrote:

>>> [...] is there a way I can detect whether we are currently set to
>>> Create New Document or Show As HTML? [...]
>> There is no API to obtain this info, sry.
>
> This is the only bad part. :) May I submit this as a feature
> request? Pls
> let me know if you need a motivating story... m.

Better suggest what sort of API you want.

I will expose both command title and its UUID in 2.0, and I _plan_ to
expose a (bundle) query system (so a command can technically lookup
its own output), though probably not in 2.0.0. I am rather hesitant
about these things because it limits my wriggle room, for example in
this case, 2.0 has the output split into “format” and “place”, had I
done API in 1.x for commands to query the system as-is it would just
add to the headache of providing backwards compatibility.

In retrospect I am _very_ happy with the limited scriptability and
plug-in API of 1.x :)