[TxMt] Re: Slow bundles

Thu Jul 9 18:48:12 UTC 2009

On 9 Jul 2009, at 17:56, Daniel Sadilek wrote:

> This seems to be a principle problem with TextMate. Maybe it should
> not start a new bash process for every command but keep one running in
> the background and reuse it!? To prevent interferences, there could
> also be one process per bundle.

We setup stdin/out and the environment before we launch the
interpreter (which is different for each invocation), and we use the
return code from the interpreter, changing to a long-living
interpreter would be rather problematic/challenging (and one command
could easily pollute the environment).

This is clearly an OS problem that can easily be addressed either by
the user or Apple.