[TxMt] Re: run_xcode_target.rb broken?

Gerd Knops gerti-textmate at bitart.com
Thu Jul 9 16:27:01 UTC 2009

On Jun 25, 2009, at 2:48 PM, Gerd Knops wrote:

> Since the last TextMate update I get a bunch of apparent Ruby
> Exceptions in my run log, see below for an example. It is always
> run_xcode_target.rb:156 causing the exception.
>
> Any thoughts on how to fix it?

Figured out the why: I was using a build script to pull the version
info from the repository and put it into Info.plist and a version
header, but Xcode never quite got that right.

So now I am using a separate target to do that, and my main target
depends on that secondary target.

Apparently that breaks run_xcode_target.rb, for reasons I don't quite
understand (I am somewhat Ruby illiterate, and who understands the
project files?). As a workaround I disabled the offending part in
run_xcode_target.rb, which surely breaks something else but so far
works for me. Basically I changed line 154 from

	if obj['isa'] == 'PBXContainerItemProxy'

         if obj['isa'] == 'PBXContainerItemProxyXX'

Maybe this will help someone tracking it down and coming up with a
real fix...

Thanks

Gerd