[TxMt] Re: ppc?

Wed Jul 8 17:09:34 UTC 2009

On 26 Jun 2009, at 00:29, Kyle Johnson wrote:

> Is the latest (cutting edge) version of textmate intended to run on a
> PPC? After updating it today, textmate gives me a "You cannot open the
> application "TextMate" because it is not supported on this
> architecture" message on my PowerPC G5 (3.1) when I try to open it.

Yes, we still build for PPC.

But for the update before the last one (I think it was) we saw several
people report that the “update” pretty much was missing all the files
(but folders were created) — maybe something similar happened to you?

I never found the cause of this problem (and it is very puzzling to
me, but we do “outsource” (to the OS) the “move” of the new version,
so maybe this was a 10.5.6 bug, given that we never saw it before, nor
got reports about this for last update (AFAIK) — are you still on
10.5.6?).