[TxMt] Display pretty symbols in place of ASCII

Jonathan Middleton jonathanmiddleton at me.com
Sun Jan 25 16:40:00 UTC 2009

Hi, I'm fairly new to TextMate but I've been through the mailing list
archives and was unable to determine if the following is possible.

In general, I'd like TextMate to display a unicode character in place
of a sequence of ASCII characters. For instance, I'd like to be able
to type => but have the editor display  ⇒  (U+21D2).

The saved file will need to be ASCII so I'm not looking for a way to
replace characters, just a way to choose a different representation.

Is there a simple way to do this?

Thanks,
Jonathan

--