[TxMt] Re: syntax coloring and shortcuts in html files

Daniel Stockman daniel.stockman at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 18:44:00 UTC 2009

> I am finding that Textmate will not color the syntax in my html
> document, nor will it allow me to use any of the html bundle
> keyboard shortcuts or even auto indent properly. If I save the exact
> same file as a php document then I instantly get all these features
> back.
>
> Why is this happening? Is it possible to get proper html handling
> within an html document?

Double-check if the language for .html files is HTML (next to the line/
column count in the status bar, or ⌃⌥⇧H). This is the default
behaviour for .html files, and would only break if you changed
something. If that didn't work, try reverting to the default
bundles[1]. PHP "is" HTML, or at least the scopes are largely
overlapping.

[1]: http://wiki.macromates.com/Troubleshooting/RevertToDefaultBundles