[TxMt] Re: Fullscreen editing

dreamcat7 dreamcat7 at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 5 17:55:01 UTC 2009

Hmm,
To get centered fullscreen text there is also another way.

1) Use the MissingDrawer plugin for textmate*.
2) Then turn on the gutter which is a standard feature of textmate.
3) Finally use the megazoomer** input manager to zoom screen.

Not perfect as your other hack isnt either, but does achieve something
pretty reasonable too.
Just uploaded an image so you can see what it looks like

http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=gx2egw30

... Of course the golden elixr is to reproduce the age-olds emacs /
xemacs follow-mode. i.e. true side-by side pagination (facing-pages of
2 column) whereby the 2 subviews of text are linked together and text
flows across the columns :)) Thats probably a little too far beyond
whats achievable with a hack however.

dreamcat7
dreamcat7 at googlemail.com

*There is a bug in MissingDrawer however its not that serious
** Standard, unmodified version of megazoomer.