[TxMt] Re: Another Newbie Quesion: Startup Beep

Nick ParadoxQuine at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 03:55:18 UTC 2009

do you mean the os x startup beep? if so, i suggest you try a
different place (except it's futile, there's no easy way to shut it
off without a background app or something).

if you mean a textmate startup sound - what startup sound? I don't
think I've ever heard textmate make any sound, period, on anyone's
computer.

could you describe it more please?

also, try turning off interface sound effects and/or muting the alert
volume in the sound prefpane - perhaps an error is occurring when
textmate starts up on your computer that is playing an alert sound?