[TxMt] Re: Some newbie questions . . .

Hans-Jörg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Wed Feb 25 11:38:34 UTC 2009

>>> Yes, and like many other shortcuts, it doesn't work on my German
>>> keyboard. What comes up instead is Textmate's "Connect to Server"
>>> dialog.

As far as I know there is no "Connect to server" command in TM but in
Finder if you press APPLE+K.
Thus make sure that TextMate is active while pressing CTRL+OPT+APPLE+K
and that you did not change the key bindings for metachars in System
Preferences > Keyboard/Mouse > Modifier Keys.

By myself, I'm German, I'm using an US-keyboard due to these conflicts
and to learn how to type ü or ß is VERY easy. In other words if you
use an US/GB keyboard  instead make the life (on a Mac) much easier.

--Hans