[TxMt] forgetting 'soft tabs' settings for .rst files

Matthew Scott gldnspud at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 22:54:45 UTC 2009

Using the reStructuredText bundle, I keep running into a problem with
TextMate "forgetting" the soft tabs settings I apply to the .rst file
extension.

When I quit TextMate, start it, open my project's folder, then open
a .rst file, it knows my preferred tab size, but it defaults to hard
tabs.

When I switch it to soft tabs, it remembers it for the duration of the
TextMate session.  That is, when I close the window for the project,
then reopen it, it still remembers that I prefer soft tabs for .rst
files.

I've even closed TextMate, opened com.macromates.textmate.plist file
with the Property List Editor and made sure that Root/
OakTextViewScopedSoftTabs/text.restructuredtext/softTabs was set to
"Yes", saved it, closed PLE, reopened TextMate, and it still thinks
that I want hard tabs for .rst files.

It doesn't seem to be doing this for other file types.  Very
frustrating!  I'd gotten used to the habit of letting TextMate
remember my soft tab settings; now I seem to be getting into a
defensive habit of double-checking soft tab settings -- not exactly an
experience I enjoy having spent money for.  :)

Any suggestions about what I can do to get TextMate to remember soft
tab settings?

Thanks,

--
Matthew Scott