[TxMt] Re: Python bundle - 2 problems

Alex Ross tm-alex at rosiba.com
Tue Feb 24 20:08:27 UTC 2009

On Feb 23, 2009, at 10:26 AM, Getzen wrote:

> I have run into two problems. First, this simple one-line script
> will cause
> two error windows to appear:
> text = raw_input("--> ")
>
> The first error window says, "The application Python quit
> unexpectedly. The
> problem may have been caused by the tm_interactive_input.dylib plug-
> in."
> The second error window says, "The application tm_dialog2 quit
> unexpectedly."
> I can paste the error reports here if you want to see them.

Well, I am not experiencing that problem here.  Do you have any crash
logs from textmate or from tm_dialog2 in ~/Library/Logs?  If you try a
simple ruby script with contents “gets” do you also get the crash,
or is it only for python?

> The second script that causes problems is this (reduced down to its
> essentials):
> import pyglet
>
> class Test(pyglet.window.Window):
>   def __init__(self):
>       pyglet.window.Window.__init__(self)
>
>   def on_draw(self):
>      self.clear()
>
> test = Test()
> pyglet.app.run()
>
> I get this error message:
> OSError: dlopen(/System/Library/Frameworks/AGL.framework/AGL, 6):
> Symbol not
> found: _CGLClearDrawable Referenced from:
> /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreVideo.framework/Versions/A/CoreVideo
> Expected
> in: flat namespace

We have tracked this problem down.  Basically, the
tm_interactive_input.dylib that TextMate loads into Python requires a
flat namespace to work properly.  Pyglet loads OpenGL.framework but,
because of the flat namespace, crashes when trying to load
AGL.framework.  I don't have a solution for you yet, but we're working
on it.

—Alex