[TxMt] Python Bundle Problem - uncaught signal #11 after...

Michael Dewar mikedewar at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 10:52:08 UTC 2009

Hello,

I've just got back from holiday to find a TextMate update! After
performing the update - so I'm now at Version 1.5.8 (1498) - my Python
scripts no longer run when I hit cmd-R. The error is:

Program terminated by uncaught signal #11 after 6.26 seconds.

Followed by a Mac OS X "The application Python quit unexpectedly"
dialogue box. I can replicate the problem by creating a file with the
following command:

from scipy import special

(which imports a bunch of slightly odd functions from the scientific
python library, and which can take a few seconds) and then running the
"Run Script" command in the Python bundle.

Running "from scipy import special" in both the python and ipython
terminals, and running the above file from the command line all work
fine.

Can anyone help? I've re-installed Textmate after deleting all the
Library folders I could find, and I've re-installed the Python bundle
from svn. Other scripts work fine, which gives me the impression that
something is timing out, but that's really just a vague impression...

Cheers,

Mike Dewar