[TxMt] Re: Error on Update: env: ruby: No such file or directory

Thu Feb 12 04:36:49 UTC 2009

Indeed, and we have http://wiki.macromates.com/Troubleshooting/RubyVersionIssue

> [...] my path has /usr/bin as the first entry.  Furthermore,
> ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist reads { PATH = "/usr/bin"; }.

That PATH is going to cause other problems. Best t just delete the
environment.plist file, as you didn’t delete /usr/bin/ruby, I’d
suggest getting your system back to defaults.

Also check TextMate → Preferences → Advanced, see if you set PATH
in the Shell Variables (and if so, remove it).

> At this point, I'm not sure what to do, and would appreciate some
> help.

If it continues to fail, run the last test on the Ruby troubleshooting
page and send the result here. Also see http://wiki.macromates.com/Troubleshooting/101