[TxMt] Re: TODO bundle question

Gerd Knops gerti-textmate at bitart.com
Wed Dec 9 23:39:17 UTC 2009

On Dec 8, 2009, at 5:29 PM, Gerd Knops wrote:

> It may have to do with my current project not having an actual tmproj file? I'd like to keep it that way rhough.
>
> I double-checked, TM_PROJECT_DIRECTORY is set to the correct value.
>
> I don't see TODO using TM_SELECTED_FILES or TM_SELECTED_FILE. It does use TM_FILEPATH, but only when called with a 'dir' argument. I double-checked and that branch is not executed.
>
> So I have no idea why it is doing that...

I dug deeper... So in case anyone else runs across this:

The TODO bundle uses the "textmate" ruby library, specifically a function TextMate.each_text_file to enumerate the files. And that function looks at TM_SELECTED_FILES.

So to change the behavior open the Bundle editor, find TODO/Show TODO List, and insert as first line:

	TM_SELECTED_FILES=''

Now the TODO bundle will always go through the entire project, wether there is a file selected in the project drawer or not.

Gerd