[TxMt] Re: Mailing list reply direction & history standards question.

Wed Dec 9 18:56:12 UTC 2009

On Dec 9, 2009, at 12:58 PM, Jack Matier wrote:

> Do I form a reply at the bottom or the top?

I pretty much agree with Fritz. In a situation like this, where conversations can go on for days and involve multiple people, you need to interleave your responses below the original text while trimming out anything that’s irrelevant to your response. This allows someone to jump in at the 5th or 10th message and still get an idea what’s happening just by reading top to bottom.

And for those Apple Mail users that don’t know of it, this has made my life so much better:

http://code.google.com/p/quotefixformac/

--
Rob McBroom
<http://www.skurfer.com/>

Don't try to tell me a thing is important to you if the whole of your “support” entails forcing others to spend time and money on it.