[TxMt] Re: R lags with beachball [R bundle Update - Please test it]

Rob Goedman robjgoedman at me.com
Thu Dec 3 17:26:01 UTC 2009

Hans,

Thanks for all the effort you put into R support for TextMate!

My understanding of how to customize TextMate is limited, but earlier this week I did learn the hard way that below steps  to update R.tmbundle override local modifications.

In my particular way of working with R (R.app mostly), I do not want TextMate to ever change working directories inside R, I like to source a file instead of sending all lines as commands, print through SubEthaEdit, build packages, etc. . Not better than other ways of working with R, just what I have grown to like as best of breed. Typically I have been putting these 4 or 5 modified commands at the top of the R command list with associated shortcut keys.

What is the 'TextMate' way to preserve these changes with future updates? From the docs, should I have updated below 'cd ...' line to point at '~/Library/"Application Support"/TextMate/"Pristine Copy"/Bundles' (or even to go into /Library/...)?

Thanks a lot,
Rob