[TxMt] Re: R lags with beachball [R bundle Update - Please test it]
bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Tue Dec 1 09:22:17 UTC 2009
I've just uploaded the R.tmbundle. Due to massive changes it is recommended to delete that R.bundle and install it via GetBundles, or if you like svn via (avoid doing a svn update for some reasons):
mkdir -p ~/Library/Application\ Support/TextMate/Bundles
cd ~/Library/Application\ Support/TextMate/Bundles
svn co http://svn.textmate.org/trunk/Bundles/R.tmbundle
osascript -e 'tell app "TextMate" to reload bundles'
See here some details:
• Rewrote all Help based functions to support all R versions
- no index files needed, instead make usage of a Rhelper daemon which runs in the background and will be terminated if the user quits TM
• Improved all "show function usage" commands
- trial to fix the display of argument default like "\n"
- improved parsing of function usage out from the HTML page
- working offline (not Rdaemon) try to parse and evaluate the argument list of user-defined functions on-the-fly by using the Rhelper daemon to format it and to show a possibly error in it
• Rewrote commands for "Insert Function Parameter"
- now Rhelper evaluates the argument list and outputs a list of all argument and defaults, this solves many problems while text parsing due to the nested parentheses issue
- trial to show also defaults like "\n"
- for "Insert all Parameters" insert "\n\t" after each 5th paramter to avoid insertion of a long and unreadable line
• the help search now makes usage of 'help.search()' only
• Introduced a new TM shell variable 'TM_R_SHOW_ALWAYS_HELPSEARCH
- if set to 1 show always the search interface even if only one help page is found
• Renamed R_AUTOCOMPLETE to TM_R_AUTOCOMPLETE (but the old var will be still recognized)
• Deleted unused files
• Moved temporary files to the temp folder to keep the bundle clean
• Modularized and simplified many commands
Note: Some tests are needed for different Mac OS still, tested for 10.6.2, Ruby 1.8.7, R 2.9.2 & R 2.10
Please test it! Feedback is highly welcomed.
More information about the textmate