[TxMt] New behavior: moving cursor pass end of line?

Jasmin Blanchette jasmin.blanchette at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 09:13:47 UTC 2009

Hi all,

The latest minor update seems to have introduced a strange behavior.
When moving the cursor pass the end of a line, TextMate now pretends
that the line is full of an infinite number of spaces, instead of
moving to the next line. Same happens when clicking with the mouse.
Let's just say that after spending 20 years editing texts in editors
with the "good old" behavior, I'm quite annoyed that the new behavior
is imposed on me and that there's no option to turn it off.

Could anybody confirm that this is an intended feature of TextMate and
that there's no way to disable it?

Jasmin