[TxMt] Re: Subversion 1.6

Fritz Anderson fritza at uchicago.edu
Wed Aug 19 14:20:18 UTC 2009

On Aug 19, 2009, at 8:30 AM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On 18 Aug 2009, at 19:19, Fritz Anderson wrote:
>
>> I'm constrained to use Subversion 1.6.x, and this breaks the
>> Subversion bundle I have [...]
>
> How so? I am using 1.6.3.

In previous versions "svn update" would print a straightforward file-
status list and exit. Now:

=====
$ svn --version
svn, version 1.6.2 (r37639)
    compiled May 20 2009, 01:36:41

$ svn update
Conflict discovered in 'test/unit/person_test.rb'.
Select: (p) postpone, (df) diff-full, (e) edit,
         (mc) mine-conflict, (tc) theirs-conflict,
         (s) show all options:
=====

and the tool waits on stdin; the Subversion bundle I'm using doesn't
expect that. I'm willing to believe there are environment variables or
directory properties that are mis-set.

	— F