[TxMt] Syntax coloring for variables in quoted strings in TextMate

Tom Boutell tom at punkave.com
Mon Aug 17 18:25:26 UTC 2009

My coworkers have finally dragged me, kicking and screaming, out of
vim and into TextMate.

And honestly, TextMate is great.

But one missing feature is driving me up the wall:

"slot-$name-$permid"

Shows up as a single color. There is no highlighting to call out the
interpolated variables.

Some people bash this approach, but I think this is a very useful
technique for composing things like HTML IDs and class names on the
fly as long as you make responsible use of it, and with a bytecode
cache there is no performance price for using it on the PHP side (if
there ever was... it's really not that hard for PHP to parse a string
literal).

Is there a way to enable this? Do I need a third-party bundle to do
it? I've begun to poke around in the PHP bundle, and I see references
to interpolation here and there, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Thanks!

--
Tom Boutell
P'unk Avenue