[TxMt] Re: Problem with MultiMarkdown PDF generation

Fletcher T. Penney fletcher at fletcherpenney.net
Wed Aug 12 21:22:17 UTC 2009

As the author of MultiMarkdown, and having generated countless PDF's
from plain text and HTML, and not having the faintest clue what HTMLDOC
is, I can guarantee you that htmldoc _is not_ a requirement for PDF
generation when using Multimarkdown.

The PDF commands in TextMate that are associated with MMD do not require
htmldoc.

I don't know what htmldoc is.  Looking at the website, and looking at
the PDF version of their manual, it looks like the output it generates
is of a different quality level and approach than the approach used by MMD.

MMD converts HTML into LaTeX, and then uses the LaTeX to generate a PDF.
  It's somewhat complicated, and requires that latex be installed on
your computer, but the quality of the output is top-notch (and that's
boasting on LaTeX, not MMD - I can't take credit in the least for the
quality that LaTeX generates)

F-