[TxMt] Blogging Bundle WordPress Post Timeout

Daniel Miessler daniel at danielmiessler.com
Sun Aug 2 01:31:19 UTC 2009

Greetings List,

I have been using the Blogging Bundle to post to WordPress for quite
some time, but about two months ago I started getting an error when
posting.

None of my settings for my blog have changed, but I've upgraded my
WordPress version in that time frame. The time of the error beginning
might coincide with my upgrade to WordPress 2.8.x, but I'm not sure of
that.

Anyway, here's the error I'm getting:

http://danielmiessler.com/images/tmerror.png

This is clearly a timeout issue, but the interesting part is that the
blog posts *ARE* making it to the blog--but I'm not getting the quick
response and then the invokation of Safari to view the just-posted
content like usual. Also, if I make changes to a post now it'll post
as a duplicate instead of updating the one that's already there.

I've tried the following things:

* disabling pings on individual posts
* disabling the ping notification services within WordPress

...with no luck.

Anyone have any idea what could be going wrong here?

Thanks in advance...

--
Daniel R. Miessler
W: http://danielmiessler.com