[TxMt] Re: how can I make TextMate the default editor for text files on 10.5.6

Christopher Creutzig christopher at creutzig.de
Wed Apr 29 21:01:22 UTC 2009

Joseph Pecoraro wrote:
>> But now what about double click open?  That still fails.
>
> I normally drag and drop the file onto the TextMate icon in the Dock.

 My situation is a bit worse, and I'm probably doing something wrong
somewhere: I have my sources on an NFS volume (thanks, I know that's
kind of semi-wrong to do, but that wasn't my choice), and whenever I
check out something (and I believe also sometimes when updating), my
Makefile(s) are set to open with TextEdit.

 Until I fix that in the Finder, I can still open them in tm – unless
they are included in an opened project! For some strange reason, I
cannot convince tm to open a Makefile that is included in a project, but
the OS believes should be opened in TextEdit. Calling mate on this
Makefile opens the project, but not the Makefile. tm itself offers me to
open it in TextEdit (thanks, I don't want to), but not to open it
itself. “Treat as text” is greyed out for this file.

Christopher