[TxMt] Re: Javadoc snippet question

Luke Daley ld at ldaley.com
Mon Apr 27 07:47:56 UTC 2009

On 27/04/2009, at 5:19 PM, Thomas Krajacic wrote:

> Yes I am using latest version from svn but I found the problem:
>
> enter this:
>
> class something {
>    private native void setInitValues(long modelPtr, double n1,
>                                                     double n2,
>                                                     double p2,
>                                                     double p26,
>                                                     double p3,
>                                                     double wf,
>                                                     double t44);
> /** this is wrong because it starts in the fist line
>  * @
>  */
> }
>
> I mistakenly wrote my comment on the first line of the javadoc block.
> this seems to be wrong, as below it doesn't recognize it as javadoc
> block anymore.
> This is my fault then I guess. don't know if it's forbidden to start
> writing in the first line.

That's a very strange style.

If there is anything on the first line after /** then it is strictly
not javadoc. It won't be picked up by any tooling looking for javadoc.

I am not sure about putting the javadoc AFTER the method either. I
very much doubt that is valid.

> But the syntax coloring for the method above still is wrong. it colors
> the methodname correctly when I write all the parameters in the same
> line.

There must be more to it because that block of code by itself is
recognised fine for me, everything is scoped as it should be.