[TxMt] Re: How to set up TextMate for MATLAB?

Christopher Creutzig christopher at creutzig.de
Sun Apr 26 08:50:31 UTC 2009

Gewitterbukk wrote:
> Is it now possible to compile MATLAB code directly out of TextMate without opening the code in the MATLAB editor?

 I don't think the bundle provides any support for this, yet. Assuming
we are talking about mcc, not embedded MATLAB, you should be able to
invoke mcc in a terminal or via TextMate's run commands, though, and it
should not be too hard to make the bundle learn that.
(/Applications/MATLAB_R2009a.app/bin/mcc or something like that.)

 I don't think any such option exists for embedded MATLAB. Once you find
a way of running MATLAB code from TextMate, you can obviously do this:
Just invoke the emlmex or mcc command, depending on which compilation
you want.

 Then again, it's rather unusual to compile MATLAB code before
using/trying it inside MATLAB. For example, I don't think you have any
chance of using an interactive debugger after compilation. And once you
are inside MATLAB, yes, you can compile without firing up the editor.
Just invoke the mcc or mex or emlmex command on the files.

Christopher