[TxMt] Re: Using Function/Method symbols in Snippets

Thu Apr 23 20:15:53 UTC 2009

On 19 Apr 2009, at 04:02, Rob McBroom wrote:

> [...]
> I thought of a completion command. It just seems inefficient to
> redefine the regex that matches the "symbol", redefine the
> transformation, and re-parse the file on every completion when all of
> that has been done and the results are sitting right there in the
> symbols list.

But if a general (scope selector based) document querying API was
provided, you can strike all but the redefinition of the
transformation (and I guess you can argue that the scope selector is
also duplicated).

So I think there are too few use-cases for this feature, and having to
maintain the same regexp in two bundle items is probably a small price
for the complexity I then don’t have to add to the TM code base ;)