[TxMt] Font rendering with antialiasing turned off

Martin Ballaschk qcumba at web.de
Tue Apr 21 09:05:41 UTC 2009

Hi,

I noticed a problem with non-antialiased "programming" fonts being rendered
in a strange way in my TextMate 1.5.8 (1498). Some letters will look wrong
and blend with neighbouring characters.

Example screenshot for Consolas (11pt) with highlighted problem zones, note
the distorted dot on the i and the blending e and {:
http://www.quicksnapper.com/ballaschk/image/consolas-11pt/

Example screenshot for Pragmata (11pt) with highlighted problem zones, note
the distorted "g", "w" and "s":
http://www.quicksnapper.com/ballaschk/image/pragmata-11pt/

Monaco looks great, but makes it too hard for me to differentiate between
certain characters:
http://www.quicksnapper.com/ballaschk/image/monaco-9pt

I did not test with Profont or other small-size optimized fonts, but will do
soon. Do you experience the same problems? Any hints how to correct it?

Cheers
Martin