[TxMt] Sweave-Bundle Error: PDF file not written to disk

Felix Schönbrodt nicebread at gmx.net
Mon Apr 20 09:41:12 UTC 2009

Dear list,

after some initial discussion on the R-SIG-Mac-list I decided to send
my question to this list as well ...:

I encountered a problem in the combination of the SWeave and the LaTeX
bundle: when I start "Sweave, typeset & View", the .Rnw-file is
processed, but the log window shows "Error: PDF file not written to
disk" and the tex-file is not processed.

However, the sweaving was successful, as a valid .tex-file is in the
same folder which can be typesetted by latex without problem.
So, in general it works, I just want to avoid the extra step of
opening the .tex-file and would like to see my pdf directly opened
from SWeave-Bundle.

Some ideas already have been posted on the R-SIG-Mac-list, but they
didn't work for me:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.r.mac/3953/match=sweave+pdf+file+not+written+disk

Did anyone encounter the same problem / any suggestions for solutions?

Best regards,
Felix