[TxMt] Using Function/Method symbols in Snippets

Daniel Royer daniel.royer+textmate at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 15:24:24 UTC 2009

I wrote a PHP Snippet that outputs some FirePHP-based debugging information.

fb(\$${1:variable}, '${2:function} \$${1:label}');

I would like to replace ${2:function} with something that
automatically puts in the current function or class::method (if
available);

I notice in the status bar at the bottom of the editor window (to the
right of the Tab Size), there is a "Symbol Popup" menu.  So it seems
like the information I need is available.  Is there a variable in
TextMate that I can slap into the snippet?  A $TM_CURRENT_SYMBOL or
something?

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Daniel Royer