[TxMt] Re: Font is blurry on dark background.

Mathieu Godart mathieu at coolsand-tech.fr
Fri Apr 10 09:38:55 UTC 2009

A quick hint about that.

In the Appearance system preferences panel, you can modify the anti-
aliasing method, but this will have an impact only after you relaunch
the application.

So, to have a better idea of the impact of the setting and to compare
different settings, I suggest you to launch TextMate (do not quit it),
then modify the setting and launch a new instance of TextMate:

open --new /Applications/TextMate.app

This should help you to choose.

Anyway, I agree: light is better with light font on dark bg, but
standard is better for dark font on light bg. That's why you should
also compare using an app with dark font on light bg. A Cornelian
choice...

Best regards,
Mathieu

Mathieu Godart