[TxMt] Re: Best way to copy bundles around?

siemsen at ucar.edu siemsen at ucar.edu
Thu Apr 9 20:12:31 UTC 2009

On Apr 9, 2009, at 12:01 PM, Mathieu Godart wrote:

> Le 9 avr. 09 à 19:36, siemsen at ucar.edu a écrit :
>
>> I have two Macs running TextMate 1.5.8.  I have some personal bundles
>> that I want to keep in sync between the two machines.  I tried this:
>>
>> On machine A, modify a bundle and quit the Bundle Editor to save the
>> bundle.
>
> Have you tried to quit TM, here?

Yes, it doesn't make a difference.

>> On machine A, reopen the Bundle Editor and drag the bundle to my
>> Desktop.
>> On machine A, scp -r the bundle directory from my Desktop to machine
>> B, into my Desktop.
>> On machine B, double-click the bundle.  TextMate says "do you want to
>> update?".
>> On machine B, I click "yes".  It seems to work.
>>
>> Yet the bundle on machine B doesn't have the changes that I made
>> while
>> I was on machine A.
>>
>> Any suggestions appreciated.  Note that I have MobileMe, and would
>> love to cut down on the manual work that the above (unsuccessful)
>> approach requires.
>
> Why don't you do the scp from the ~/Library/Application\ Support/
> TextMate/Bundles/YourBundle.tm to the other machine and ask TM to
> update the bundles? You could even create a TM command for that. ;-)

I thought about that, and it certainly makes better sense, but my
bundle doesn't show up in that directory, on either machine.  I don't
understand why.  The bundle appears in the Bundle Editor, along with
the standard bundles.  It shows up in ~/Library/Application\ Support/
TextMate/Pristine\ Copy/Bundle, but I'm fairly sure that's an old copy
- the modification date isn't "today", and when I look inside the
Syntaxes/<bundlename>.tmLanguage file, it doesn't show the changes
that I made today.

I don't know where TextMate is storing the bundle, yet I can modify it
and use it in TextMate.

-- Pete