[TxMt] Opening files on a netwok

brad tittle brad.tittle at trainnow.net
Mon Apr 6 17:49:25 UTC 2009

This qualifies as  "Well, if you don't like kicking yourself in the nose,
why don't you stop doing it?" kind of suggestion.

When I open a network drive location and double click on the folder, it
opens.

Yes, if I just click on it and then click on the sub folder I really want it
works exactly as it is supposed to.

This isn't a bug. This is just me telling the world that I am incapable of
instantly changing the way I use my flippin mouse. The real answer lies in
doing a bunch of other things correctly, I just haven't started doing them
that way yet.

The only bug here is that because i double clicked on a large directory,
textMate basically locks up (because it is processing a lot of files over a
network connection and even though all CS guys are constantly trying to
avoid N^2, it keeps coming back to bite us!).

Anyone ever try to open a large spreadsheet (say anything over 6,000 rows)
in  Numbers. NOT A FUN thing.

--
Brad Tittle
Tech Support