[TxMt] Refresh running browsers

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Fri Apr 3 22:09:49 UTC 2009

Hello, I just started using command-R to refresh in running browsers.

I find it only refreshes the front most browser window.  Is this normal?

I seem to be fighting this behavior, though command-R is so handy I
want to use it.  Perhaps it could be modified to work better.

If I have a few windows, and a few tabs, move to TM, command-R, it
will switch to Safari in this case, and refresh whatever is the front
most window and tab within that window.  I now have to remember to
bring the window forward that has the result of the code I am working
on to the foreground.

I think for me, a better behavior would be for command-R to spawn a
new browser window, with the code ran in that window.  I can then
close the window, and be back in TM.  This way, my window is always
going to be the one used.

Has anyone else found this mildly annoying and looked for a solution?
I can always go back to the command-tab to the window I want method,
and press reload in the browser.

I have tried the command-shift-R method, but I have a feeling that
since I am working on remote files through a ftp/ssh app, it is not
going to work.  It also does not interpret html, and shows me the raw
html code, so that method seems more designed for cli type scripts, or
code that does not end up outputting to a browser.

Thanks for any workflow suggestions