[TxMt] Re: xcode message when running ruby

rburrowes r.burrowes at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Apr 1 09:15:32 UTC 2009

left clicking on the magnifier does nothing. Right clicking gives a pop up
menu, but it doesn't have "key equivalent" as an option?

So I checked the Ruby bundle using the Bundle Editor instead and found that
it no longer has a run option! I see it in the older copy on my laptop, but
on this iMac, it just isn't there. Neither is the "Run Focused Unit Test".
Given your earlier reply, this would explain the fall back to xcode.

Somehow the Ruby bundle got corrupted since shutting down last night and
starting up today. Possibly earlier I suppose, as this machine has had
Textmate running continuously for weeks, so it could be that I only saw this
after restarting the program, but the corruption of the disk copy may have
occurred earlier and I didn't see it until restarting.

The only non-standard thing I have done is install the Git bundle for
Textmate. That was a few weeks ago now. Quite probably just before the last
time I restarted textmate. There may or may not be a relationship.

I'll do a disk check as well. I suppose it could be disk corruption of some
sort.

I just trashed the copy on this machine, downloaded a new version, and all
is well (and it is the same version I was running before (Version 1.5.8
(1498))).

Now that I think on it, I have had one other odd thing happen. My Ruby code
seems to cause problems when writing to the output window. I print a longish
multi-line string and get an error at the 11th line.

"at top level in 3 TIME 15 at line 56"

The same string, printed to a file, outputs correctly. the "3 TIME 15" is
the first part of the 11th line. I can get the error consistently, before
and after printing the string to a file and the file copy is always right. I
also don't see the error if I run the Ruby code on the command line. Could I
be overflowing a buffer somewhere and trashing something I shouldn't be.
Seems unlikely though, and I can't reproduce a corruption of the bundle this
way.