[TxMt] Re: [FeatReq] Scratchpad

Hans-Jörg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Wed Sep 17 18:19:07 UTC 2008

Hi,

I've just played with this bundle. It is quite straightforward. Then
I had a tiny idea to manage these scratches.

On one hand I shut down my computer very seldom thus it could happen
that I have many scratches and on the other hand while coding with
different languages it would be nice to filter and search for scratches.

My approach is to display all these scratches rss-feed-like.
I 'borrowed' Apple's JavaScript library to visualize rss feed in
Safari and I modified it only a bit. By doing so one has a rather
simple GUI to manage scratches.

To illustrate I took a screencast
http://www.bibiko.de/RSS_Scratches.mov (5MB)

one can
-filter scratches according to all file extension of scratches
-sort them by Grammar, Content, Date
-searching
-change the display length of scratches
-buttons for editing, copy a scratch, copy&paste a scratch, erase a
scratch

If this is interesting I can send Alex the source code. It's written
in Ruby and make usage of the rss js lib and runs on Tiger and Leopard.

--Hans