[TxMt] Re: Python and Perl run script warning

Hans-Jörg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Tue Sep 16 18:59:32 UTC 2008

On 16.09.2008, at 18:48, Pedro Borges wrote:

> Hi i just updated the Support folder and the Python and Perl bundle.
> Now every time I do "run script" the following error is displayed with
> the expected output:
> "/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Support/lib/tm/process.rb:123:
> warning: Insecure world writable dir /Library in PATH, mode 040777"

I had a similar problem.
http://www.nabble.com/access-rights-for-Pristine%27s-tmbundle-folder-
to19367482.html

This warning means that the write permission for that folder is also
set to group and others.

To fix that run at a Terminal this command:

chmod og-w 'THE_DIR'

One also can use Finder to do that.

Up to now I hadn't enough time to figure out why this happens.

--Hans