[TxMt] Latex cannot check for packages from TextMate

Darren Croton darren at astro.berkeley.edu
Tue Sep 16 04:36:35 UTC 2008

I've recently upgraded to a shinny new iMac from my 3 year old powerbook.
 This has required the re-installation and setup of all my software.  I.e.
Latex and TextMate, which previously worked seamlessly.
Specifically, i downloaded and installed MacTeX.  Latex (pdflatex) works
fine from the command line.  However "Typeset & View" in TextMate returns
the following:

Error: Could not open to check for packages

This is most likely a problem with TM_LATEX_MASTER

I'm fully up-to-date (cutting edge) and i have confirmed that all the
appropriate paths exist (i.e. to /usr/texbin in /etc/profiles).  "pdflatex"
is selected in the TextMate latex preferences.

An extensive search of the web provides a lot of solutions (usually related
to making sure the path is set correctly), but none work for me.

Any ideas?  I'm slightly baffled and have run out of things to try.
Thanks in advance.