[TxMt] Two issues with snippets

Guido Governatori guido at itee.uq.edu.au
Mon Sep 15 01:31:28 UTC 2008

Hi,

1) I would like to create a snippet like (actually a part of a snippet)

${1:[${2:text}]}

So when I insert it on the first tab I have

[text]

with the option of deleting it typing <delete> and then on the second
tab to modify the actual placeholder. The problem is when I replace
the square brackets [] with curly brackets {}. I have tried a few
options with mirror and conditional insertions but to no avail. Any
suggestions?

2) I would like to have a snippet for LaTeX superscript (and
subscript) such that curly brackets are included when the content is
at least two characters and no brackets when I have only one
character, that is "^{abc}" and "^a".

So far I have the following solution

^${1/(.{2,})|./(?1:{)/}$1${1/(.{2,})|./(?1:})/}$0

but there is a few problems. When I have nested superscript (or
subscripts) if the nested supscript is inserted as second character,
then the caret is not at the right place. So if I type

^a^

I get

^{a|^}

where | indicates the position of the caret. The second problem is
that if the first command triggers a snippet of a command, the snippet
no longer work.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Guido