[TxMt] ubygems 3

Juan Falgueras jfalgueras at uma.es
Fri Sep 12 02:03:55 UTC 2008

Hi all there (3)

> I am suffering an uncomfortable problem with TM scripts that depend
> on Ruby and makes them unusable.  Using for example Cmd-B in LaTeX
> (toggle_style.rb -style=textbf), TM inserts instead:
>

> 	no such file to load -- ubygems (LoadError)
>
> Sometimes I fixed the problem renaming ~/Library/Application\
> Support/TextMate.  Sometimes not.
>
> I use an env
>
> 	RUBYOPT=rubygems

my apologizes for the reps.

I have found a solution to the annoying ubygems LoadError:

	To install gems both in the

			/usr/bin/ruby
and
			/opt/local/bin/ruby

making both

		~/Downloads/rubygems-1.2.0 % sudo ruby setup.rb

and

		~/Downloads/rubygems-1.2.0 % sudo /opt/local/bin/ruby setup.rb

Then I can keep the

		export RUBYOPT="rubygems"

in the ~/.profile and let terminal ruby use this option.

- Juan F.