[TxMt] Re: LaTeX Watch with latexmk

enas textmate at alxp.gr
Fri Sep 5 19:39:23 UTC 2008

Brad,

Well my proposal was to add a Latex watch function that indeed didn't
use the Robin Houston's one (so it's independent from him). Latexmk
has an option to do the same thing (latexmk -pvc), but a bit
differently to the way Robin Houston's bundle does it (as far as I
understood from the mailing list, it has its drawbacks, like speed,
but its advantages, like the fact it recognises included files like
graphics - anything that is encountered in the log file actually).

So my wish would be that the LaTeX bundle gives a choice for which
watch mode to use. Would that seem interesting to you? I don't really
know how latexmk -pvc works, so I don't think I couldn't add the
feature (easily at least, but I could still RTFM of course).

enas