[TxMt] Re: capturing all text in a scope

Sun Oct 26 11:06:02 UTC 2008

On 26 Oct 2008, at 10:05, Piero D'Ancona wrote:

> [...] I have an additional question. My trivial
> routine to get the text is
>
> def get_test_in_scope(the_scope)
>  TextMate.exit_discard unless ENV["TM_SCOPE"].split(" ")\
>         .include?(the_scope)
>  the_text = STDIN.read
>  return the_text
> end

If the goal is to act only when the fallback (of scope) is given as
input, it is more robust to do something like:

    TextMate.exit_discard if ENV.has_key?('TM_SELECTED_TEXT')

> What if two nested scopes are applicable in the
> same caret position and I need to capture all
> the text belonging to the larger scope?

When selecting a scope, TM applies the scope selector to the scopes to
the left/right of the caret, and stos as soon as the scope selector
does not match.

So for nested scopes, you get all the scopes, which sounds like what
you want.