[TxMt] Re: How do I vary the C indentation?

Sun Oct 26 03:02:05 UTC 2008

On 25 Oct 2008, at 22:44, Berk Geveci wrote:

> By the way, what is the process for requesting a new feature?

Using this list is fine, and generally when limitations come up here,
I do tend to see them as implicit feature requests :) though specific
proposals for solutions are of course welcome.

> I guess my problem could be solved with 2 new regular expressions:
>
> decreaseIndentAfterPattern - decrease the indent in the line after
> this match
> increaseIndentHerePattern - increase the indent in the line that
> matches this pattern
>
> or some option that changes the behavior of the existing regular
> expressions.

I want to get away from these arcane patterns and instead rethink the
system. My thoughts go toward having a list of rules with ‘pattern
→ action’ where action can affect 3 things: the indent of the
current line, the general indent, and a carry. It can affect it by
either increasing, decreasing, or setting an absolute value.

That said, even this system has many limitations compared to the
indent conventions I have seen, so still not settled on anything
concrete.